11 Σεπ 2007

Hellas is on fire

August 25, 2007 – Saturday

Hellas is on fire

Anywhere you might turn your head, it's fire, everywhere. It's the image of hell, on earth. Everywhere. The whole country is getting burned. No matter where you are, there's fire. A huge, fast, all-devouring fire. And nothing that can be done against it. The whole country is on fire. Everything. All the forests, the mountains, the villages....Athens....everything, everywhere. I wonder if there'll be anything left to burn next year....Or anything left standing after this fall's floods....

It used to have beautiful forests. Smaller and bigger ones. Everywhere. It's just the foreigners who thought that Hellas was all about rocks and sea. Well, that what it's all about anymore.....

I love my country. And I mourn for its torture this summer. For which nothing can be done, nothing, anymore. We only watch Hellas's forests die, suffering.

And along with them, people are dying, too many people. And properties are turning to ashes, and villages. And you don't know which to say is more important. Though, I say, the forests.

My heart aches as I see them being extinguished, one by one, so fast, so suddenly.

I love my country so much. And all I can do is watching the flames swallowing it....

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: